On this page, you'll find various information maps about France, showing the country, regions departments and other useful themes to help you discover more about the land and people.
The maps listed below are ideal for school homework and projects, they are very simple and can easily be printed or used in your projects. If you use these maps please respect our work.
Information and thematic maps
- Cheeses of France showing the main cheese production towns
- Wines of France showing the famous wines regions
- Mountains of France showing the principle mountain ranges, such as the Alps and Jura.
- The major rivers of France
- The navigable rivers of France, a map showing the main rivers such as the Seine, Loire and Rhone (external link)
- Second World War Occupied France with information about the Allied and Axis advancements
Interactive and SVG maps
Interactive versions to download
Download the interactive maps of the Regions or Departments of France.
There are different versions for Apple OSX, Windows, download them to your desktop now.
How to draw a map of France ?
If you have to draw a map of France without any references, simply draw a hexagon shape. This will give you the basic outline of the country and a good starting point.
The French often refer to mainland France as "l'hexagone", as the shape is similar to a hexagone.